Fabric Care Guide
We have a wealth of fabric care knowledge to share with you!
We strongly recommend regular care and cleaning of your fabric goods. Our advice is given in good faith and should not be considered a guarantee. If in any doubt, consult a professional upholstery cleaning company.
- Vacuum regularly (weekly) using low suction & rotate reversible cushions regularly. Our sofas are made with reversible cushions to aids in the longevity of the fabric and fill.
- Protect from direct sunlight. Constant exposure to direct sun light will break down fabric fibres causing them to become brittle.
- When arranging your furniture, care should be taken to avoid touching external walls or radiators to prevent problems of moisture build up and/or scorching damage.
- Take care to prevent sharp objects such as rings, buckles and pets’ claws from coming into contact with your furniture, as this may cause snagging or tearing of the fabric.
- Pilling can occur as a result of normal daily wear and should not be considered as a fault.
- Pilling can be successfully removed with battery operated pilling tools available from stores such as Harvey Norman.
- Velvets – If you find that the corners of your velvet sofa are looking a bit crushed or just need a freshen up, a gentle steam will help to recover the pile.
Colour Fastness + Dye Transfer
- All fabrics are tested to industry standards. It is important to note that no fabric is 100% colour fast and that it is impossible to prevent colours fading if adequate precautions are not taken in the home.
- Please ensure the correct product is chosen for your order and space. Please ask our team for more information on fabrics, we are happy to help.
- We are not responsible for external dye transfers onto your upholstery fabric.
This is our general fabric cleaning guide, however please always refer to your appropriate Care Label prior to any care and cleaning.
- Professional cleaning recommended
- Do not use dishwashing or laundry detergents – use only upholstery detergent.
- May be shampoo cleaned using upholstery shampoo.
- Do not wet filling.
- Dry in shade, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Gently vacuum to restore pile. Allow to dry thoroughly before reuse.
- Spot cleaning; Treat spills and stains as soon as possible.
- Test on hidden area to ensure fabric and colour are not removed.
- Gently scrape any soil or mop any liquid from the surface of the fabric.
- For non-oil-based stains use warm water. Blot dry with a clean towel. It is generally preferable to clean whole panels of fabric rather than trying to spot clean specific areas.